Fire broke out in a commercial kitchen in Bodmin late yesterday evening (February 18).

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service were alerted after staff raised the alarm shortly before 11pm.

Two appliances were mobilised from Bodmin along with a whole-time officer.

Crews found all persons had safely evacuated and the fire was out.

Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used a positive pressure ventilation (PPV) fan to clear smoke from the premises.

The fire was started by a deep fat fryer and was accidental.