A POPULAR night bus service is set to return to Newquay this summer to help combat crime and disorder.
The initiative, funded by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC), is being delivered in partnership by new provider Go Cornwall and will operate every Saturday between May 23 and September 5.
Route one will operate from Newquay Bus Station to St Columb and Quintrell Downs while the second route will operate between Newquay Bus station and Perranporth.

The scheme aims to reduce drink and drug driving, alcohol related crime and antisocial behaviour, and violence against women and girls, while supporting the night-time economy by helping people get home safely up until 4am.
Journeys are capped at a maximum of £3 per way.
The new services were officially launched at Newquay Bus Station on Wednesday, May 13.
Among those in attendance included Police and Crime Commissioner Alison Hernandez, Mark Collins, the commercial director of Go South West, Newquay Inspector Steve Johnson, Newquay BID manager Mark Warren and Miriam Binsztok, the transport coordination service manager at Cornwall Council.
Last year the Newquay bus that operated to St Columb and Quintrell Downs ran for 14 weeks and was used by 745 passengers, which was an average of 53 per night.
Ms Hernandez said: “The night buses provide an easy and affordable way for people to enjoy a night out or go to work and know they can get home safely.
“Due to high passenger numbers, my office has committed to continue being the main funder of night buses where they are most needed throughout 2026 to ensure community safety and crime prevention which are among my key priorities.
“The service has already proven to have contributed to a reduction in antisocial behaviour and violence as well as drink/drug drive cases.
“It is also reassuring that no incidents have been reported on the buses themselves either showing once again how effective they are.
“It has been incredible to see the service grow.
“This would not have been possible without the support of our local transport providers so thank you to Go Cornwall for taking on the Newquay route this year.”
Inspector Johnson added: "We welcome the reintroduction of the night bus.
“The service has been shown to reduce antisocial behaviour, drink/drug drive related incidents and violence against women and girls.
“I encourage anyone who is enjoying a night out in the Newquay and Perranporth areas to consider using the new night bus service to get home safely.”
Councillor Thalia Marrington, Cornwall Council's portfolio holder for community safety, said: "I am delighted we are continuing to support the night bus scheme, and that the service is returning to Newquay and Perranporth this summer.
"The evidence shows these buses help reduce antisocial behaviour and have a direct impact on safety, especially for women and girls.
"It is a great example of how partnership working can make a real positive difference for our communities."


-and-the-team-at-Pitched.jpeg?width=209&height=140&crop=209:145,smart&quality=75)


Comments
This article has no comments yet. Be the first to leave a comment.